Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Arctic Hares

Not the best photos but the conditions were bad.  10:30 pm and the sun had just gone below the hoizon, strong wind and the tempeture was -8C without the wind and the snow won't hold my weight anymore.  After the initial photo below they took off and I decided to chase them though the knee deep snow.  In the end it was all worth it.

A bit blurry but I had the big zoom out and was hand holding it.
They had run (hopped?) up one of the steep hills at the park and gave me some time to set up the tripod and catch my breath.  The wind was blowing hard enough that I had to hold on to the tripod or it would blow over.
Neither one ever turned their back on me even though I was a long way off at this point.

Too cute.

4 comments:

MOM said...

too cute is right; as hard as you had to work get the shots I appreciate them!!

Anonymous said...

Awww! Those pictures are really cute. I like the bits of rock showing through the snow. It's just good colours and images for the whole thing.

Wow though, -8!!! That would be hard to deal with after enjoying temps like +28 down 'south'.

O well, that's why it's called the arctic...if you guys had 28 in the first place, that would be something, but in May? I'm sure the world would then REALLY have to say 'global warming'.

Breigh said...

Ooooh they are cute! We have a lot of bunnies here but just your run of the mill brown hares. I like the arctic ones better!

Romantic bed and breakfasts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.