Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I've Returned

Sorry for my long absence form blogging but my heart just hasn’t been into it lately. But I should be back into the swing of things now. I haven't even been keeping up with everyone’s blogs for the last 2 months so I got tons of reading to catch up on.


I did get out Saturday night trying to take some photos of the meteor shower but had no luck. Either I was pointed the wrong way or between photos. I still got to see a few nice meteors even if I did strike out on getting a photo. I did get a nice photo of Orion and some very dim Northern Lights before the clouds closed in.  




When I first started taking photos at night in the depth of winters here I didn't know that the camera should be left in the bag until it gradually warms up. If you don't do this moisture can get inside the camera and mess things up and that is what may have happened to the camera. If I go longer than 15 seconds exposure I get a lot of red bleeding throughout the photo and lots of noise. Looks like a good excuse to purchase a new one! The old one still takes good photos during the day and will stay as my back up camera. Won't get a new one until after Christmas.


I'VE BEEN MISSING THE BLOGGING COMMUNITY!

7 comments:

Megan said...

And we've been missing you!

Tina said...

Glad you're back! And any excuse to buy a new camera is a good one to me, as long as it's a Canon! LOL

Morena said...

Welcome back! I didn't know that about cameras either so thanks for the tip. I just got a tripod so I'm going to be working on my night photos too.

Meandering Michael said...

Welcome back! Great Orion shot!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Glad you are back!!

rik said...

hey dude, how's things going? call me any night between 10 and 12

miss ya dude!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I enjoy your blog.