Thursday, July 31, 2008

Eclipse Excitement

-UPDATE-

The eclipse in Cape Dorset was a bust. The sky was overcast and raining with a fog bank that had rolled in. Basically the worst case scenario for viewing the eclipse. All of the folks that watch the skies here are very disappointed.


If you didn't know the eclipse happens tomorrow morning. I am just about to go to bed early so I can get up at 4:30 am to see it happen and hopefully get some pictures. The best we will get in Cape Dorset is about 80% total eclipse which should still enable me to get some good photos. I am all prepared and have done my research to get the best settings for the camera.

I am a bit worried because at the moment we have an overcast sky and a fog bank has moved in. One of the disadvantages to living on an island I guess. So keep your fingers crossed because during the last lunar eclipse it was overcast and the clouds parted just enough for me to get some great photos.

Wish me luck and check back Friday night and you will see if I was successful or not.

I know "DON'T LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE SUN!!".

No comments: