Thursday, April 10, 2008

Vacation '07

I won't bore anyone with too much to say from the holidays. We went back to the big city of Anagance, New Brunswick to visit with family and friends. It was a nice month off. I helped my Mom renovate the house and spend some of her money. LOL. I did get out and snapped a few pictures of the swamp. It was November and we didn't have to put a jacket on. Use to the cold weather now. Michele went to Boston to visit with her sister Jackie and they went to New York.

We are going on a cruise around the Gulf of Mexico this year and will have much more interesting pictures and stories from there. I will be caught up to recent events soon.




I did run into a bit of the maritime attitude when I went shopping for groceries. I remarked at the counter about the price of the groceries. We bought enough groceries for three people to last a month and it came to $98 and change. That is what we spend on snacks here for the weekend. The girl at the counter looked at Michele and I and said "I don't know why anyone would leave here (NB) to go work out there (I assumed she meant the west) when they could be doing just as good working here for $7 an hour." I didn't respond to the comment just nodded. I will have to go get groceries there again when I'm retired in 10 years and ask how she's doing.

No comments: